Fresher Jobs in Chennai, India
Showing 113 items
Fresher Jobs Overview
You’ve passed your exams, packed up your books, and successfully completed your undergraduate studies. Congratulations!
But now that you’ve graduated, finding a job as a fresher can feel like a daunting task. Thankfully, with the rise of online job portals like Prosple India, there are many resources available to help you find your dream job.
Finding a Fresher Job
The days of wandering the streets in search of a ‘hiring’ sign in the shop window are done. Now, most jobs can be found and applied for online. That means, in most cases, you can find a job without even needing to step out the door.
But where do you look?
Online Job Directories
Many businesses list available jobs via online directories such as Prosple India. This is a great place to start your search too!
Not only can directories help you find a job, but they can also help you identify professions in your industry that you may not even know existed. This can help to open up a whole new avenue for investigation.
If you already have a ‘dream employer’ in mind, try taking a look at their website. A lot of businesses keep a ‘Careers’ page where upcoming jobs are listed. These positions can fill quickly, so check regularly to make sure you don’t miss any opportunities.
Research Your Industry
Not sure what jobs are available to you? Before beginning your job search, you might first wish to research your industry. Who knows, your perfect job might exist under a title that you’d never even heard of before.
Try searching online for terms such as ‘jobs in the xxx industry, or ‘xxx careers’.
Networking events not only offer a fantastic opportunity to connect with some of the key players in your industry, but they also give you the chance to find out what life is like on the job. You can find events via resources such as allevents, or follow industry groups on social media to keep up-to-date on the latest news and upcoming events.
Getting a Fresher Job in Chennai
Now that you’ve found a potential job, the next challenge is to apply for it. Here are some ideas to help you land that perfect career.
Research Potential Employers
Do your research before applying for a job. The more you know about the company, the better you can tailor your application to their needs. Make sure you understand the role they’re advertising, as well as the values and goals of the business itself.
Knowing what an employer is looking for before you’ve even stepped through the door can give you a huge advantage during an interview.
Writing your Resume
Your resume is one of the first things that a potential employer will read, so make sure it’s got all the information they need to know.
- Contact details: name, address, phone number, email, etc.
- Education: you’ve earned that degree, now it’s time to show it off!
- Skills: prove how your skills can benefit your potential employer in achieving their goals.
- Employment history: if applicable.
- Referees: previous employers, sports coaches, club leaders, teachers, etc.
Once you’ve gotten through the initial application stage, the next phase is typically a face-to-face interview. This is your chance to really stand out from the crowd and impress your potential employer:
- Take a shower, brush your teeth, and dress appropriately: people who take pride in their appearance are more likely to be seen to take pride in their work.
- Stand confidently: your interviewers will likely have spoken to many nervous people today. Make sure you stand out by being the one who walks in confidently.
- Speak confidently: don’t shout, but don’t whisper either. If your interviewers know that you have confidence in yourself, they’ll have confidence in you too!
- Act on your research: prove how you align with the values and goals of the company.
- Don’t lie: there’s no point pretending to have more experience than you do (they’ll know). Sometimes, demonstrating a willingness to learn can be more valuable than experience.